Tuesday, July 13, 2010

OCP preparation

Hi,
Deciding the things early and act on them should be your main aim for prepararing and passing the Oracle certification exams.

Which path to choose specially when you have the choice between Oracle 9i/10g

1)Oracle 9i OCP:
-----------------

I decided to go with oracle 9i since I took Oracle WORKFORCE Development in Oracle 9i.

Pros:
-----
1. Training of Oracle 9i course which include SQL,Fundamental 1(Architecture of Oracle 9i),Fundamental 2(Backup and recovery) and Performance tuning was availble on cost which was affordable.
2.I took training from Oracle Partner institute so I got the benefit of getting certification.

Note: For getting your OCP certifation,Training in one module is compulsory either SQL or any other other module.

Cons:
-----
1)I have four exams to get my Oracle 9i OCP

If you choose Oracle 10g:

Pros:
-----
1)Two exams can help you getting OCP certification.

Cons:
----
1) Training of Oracle 10g might be a bit expensive depending on the institute you choose.

After completion of my Oracle 9i OCP,I upgraded to Oracle 10g OCP by writing one paper.
It is very important for you to upgrade in each time in order to compete and have better market value,Soon after six months I have completed Oracle 11g OCP also.

For preparing Oracle certification study the below books:

1)SAM ALAPATI
2)ORACLE INSTRUTOR LED TRAINING BOOKS FOR Oracle 9i/10g
3)ORACLE PRESS BOOKS

Links you can follow:
1)TAHITI.ORACLE.COM (OFFICIAL ORACLE DOCUMENTATION)
2)ORACLE BASE

Hope it helps.


Best regards,

Rafi.

No comments:

Post a Comment